Footprint Travel Guide - Reiseführer (Großbritannien: Schottland)
Skye & Outer Hebrides
by Alan Murphy
These remote islands, stretching out into the Atlantic Ocean like stepping stones in a vast lake, lie at the extremity of the British Isles and the very edge of our imagination. Hike through the Isle of Skye and feel your heart soar at the sight of surreal rock formations, wild emerald pastures, and implacable mountains rising from the sea. Footprintfocus will guide you from these wondrous sights to the Outer Hebrides where you'll experience true remoteness - fierce Atlantic winds, bleak peat bogs, and endless tiny lochs. These are the islands of emptiness, and there's nowhere like them on earth.
- Includes Essentials section with practical information on getting from island to island.
- Get off the beaten track and discover Skye's charming but little-known 'Small Isles'.
- Accommodation listings aplenty, plus where to eat and drink.
- Detailed street maps will help you find your way around.
- Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
The content of Footprint Focus Skye & Outer Hebrides guide has been extracted from Footprint's Scotland Highlands & Islands Handbook.
2nd Edition 2014 - Paperback (11 x 17,8 cm) - 112 Pages (6 Maps)
ISBN-13: 978-1-909268-82-1 (9781909268821)