Escape on endless roads through fiery-red canyons and Dr Seussian spires. Mingle with ghosts at the ancient Mesa Verde ruins. Traverse the world and celebrate excess in flirty, fabulous Las Vegas. Whether you're a geology nut, a Wild West buff or an adventure hound, grab this definitive guide and prepare to soak up the Southwest, Lonely Planet style.
This guide covers: Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and southwest Colorado.
- GET YOUR KICKS ON ROUTE 66 - more than 70 detailed maps steer you to this legendary route and beyond
- BECOME THE EXPERT - special environment and culture chapters demystify the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce, and shed light on Native American and Mormon lifestyles
- TAKE IT OUTSIDE - rafting, skiing & snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking...tips on all the area's hottest activities
- SNACK, SIP & SLEEP - where to get the yummiest green chile cheeseburgers and microbrews, plus lodging from wigwams to New Agey inns to desert spa resorts
- BASK IN THE BIZARRE - coverage of the region's quirkiest gems: the Elvis-A-Rama Museum, OK Corral, UFO landing sites, kitschy gift shops and more!
8th Edition / October 2018
492 pp / 12 pp colour / 73 maps