Lonely Planet Travel Guide
The Gambia & Senegal
Lush tropical forests, arid desert lands and the calm sway of charming fishing villages, The Gambia and Senegal will seduce you with a stunning array of sights, sounds and flavours. Whether you're headed for golden sand strands for beach bliss or want to get up close and personal with over 600 bird species, this guide gives you the inside information on the region's richest experiences.
- ROCK TO THE RHYTHM - get set to swing to mbalax and sway to sensual zouk with our music chapter.
- TWITCHERS PARADISE - ticked a little greenbul off your list yet? Our bird chapter will show you how.
- EMBRACE THE OUTDOORS - from leisurely pirogue tours to clambering through mighty baobab trees.
- TALK THE TALK - chat with the locals with the help of our indispensable Language chapter.
- GO YOUR OWN WAY - detailed transport information and over 60 user-friendly maps show you where to go
4th Edition September 2009 - Papperback - 328 pp (8 pp colour, 61 maps)