The Rough Guide to Central America
The Rough Guide to Central America on a Budget is the definitive guide to making the most of this exotic region without breaking the bank. Backpackers, career-breakers, gap year travellers and those who want more bang for their buck, will find in depth budget information for all seven Central American countries and every aspect of travel. From accommodation and restaurants to special events, festivals and adrenalin-pumping outdoor activities, this guide is packed with the best budget information from night-life, shopping, markets and entertainment, to "Treat Yourself" boxes that highlight great places and things worth splashing out on. There is a full-colour introduction with highlights for every country. You'll also find useful words and phrases in every language and detailed maps for hundreds of locations.
Grab your backpack and prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime with The Rough Guide to Central America on a Budget. from negotiating border crossings and chatting with locals to finding the coolest places to stay and the best bars for hanging out, this is your definitive guide to getting the most out of the continent - and your money.
- Dive among sharks in Caye Caulker's dazzling coral reef
- Soak up the atmosphere of colonial Granada's pastel-painted streets
- Watch green sea turtels lay their eggs in Tortuguero
- Trek through jungle to the awe-inspiring El Mirador
- Feast on fresh ceviche in Panama City's second-to-none seafood market
- Chill out in the surf towns of the Costa del Bálsamo
2nd Edition - 2011 - paperback - 680 pages