Lonely Planet Travel Guide (Reiseführer)
The sun shows up here first for a reason. Come for bracing light or caverns underground, glacial valleys or black volcanic sand. Tour every landscape on earth, all rolled into one country. Dig for pipis on the beach, or sample oysters on a platter. Savour solitude with a view, or city culture. Things are never just black and white in New Zealand.
- STICK OUT YOUR TONGUE - taste the freshest seafood, world-class wines, or the best lamb roast there is
- SLAP YOUR THIGHS - a good time's easy to find, from happening Auckland to waterfront Wellington
- GET AROUND the country with the help of over 157 detailed maps
- STAND UP PROUD and experience Maori culture firsthand: take part in a powhiri, or fill your puku at a hangi
- RUN AT IT SHOUTING -bungy jump, sea kayak, surf, trek and hit the white water with the best of them
15th Edition September 2010 - paperback - 748 pp (20 pp colour, 157 maps)