Cicerone Press - Wanderführer (Spanien/Frankreich)
The Pyrenean Haute Route
The HRP high-level trail
The Pyrenean Haute Route is one of the great longdistance routes of Europe. It is probably the most beautiful, spectacular and challenging trek in the Pyrenees and runs from Hendaye to Banyuls-sur-Mer, crossing the French-Spanish border many times while staying as close as possible to the main ridge.
It crosses a largely unspoiled wilderness in which a hiker can connect with a world of mountains, glaciers, lakes and wildlife. Mountain huts and villages provide options for accomodation throughout the route for those not wishing to camp.
- a summer route which is best hiked between late June and early October
- 44 day stages, some with optional variants
- 10 classic summit options
- includes suggestions for good campsites and bivouac sites
- suitable for experienced trekkers, with some steep and exposed sections
3rd edition 2019 - paperback (17,2 x 11,5 cm) - 343 pages
Author(s): Tom Martens
ISBN-13: 978-1-85284-981-8 (9781852849818)