Zambia is one of the best destinations in Africa for walking safaris, river safaris, hot springs and waterfalls, yet it is little explored by travellers. The third edition of Zambia covers the prime attractions, including all national parks, from the lower Zambezi and Kafue to the famous Luangwa Park, host to several unique species and the top place for leopard-spotting. Advice for the independent traveller encompasses everything from choosing first-class bushcamps, lodges and hotels to organising memorable safaris.
- Detailed coverage of national parks
- Wildlife species identification plus details of flora and fauna highlights on a regional basis
- Comprehensive listings provide a mine of information on individual lodges and camps
- Adventure activities such as white-water rafting and canoeing on the Zambezi, and microlighting above Victoria Falls
- People and culture, including festivals, dancing and crafts
3rd edition (reprinted June 2006)
544 pages - paperback - 8 colour photos - 44 maps