Trailblazer Publications - Reiseführer/Wanderführer (Ägypten)
Sinai - The Trekking Guide
Trek with the Bedouin and their camels and discover one of the most exciting new trekking destinations in the world.
Egypt's Sinai peninsula is the small tooth of land between Africa and Asia, and the fabled Biblical setting of The Exodus. It's a region of high mountains and sweeping deserts, home to crumbling Egyptian temples, Byzantine monasteries and more.
The millions that visit Sinai each year come mostly for its beaches and reefs but for a true adventure, the best way to see Sinai is to trek with the Bedouin. Walking with their camels gives access to the most remote and waterless parts of the peninsula and no other mode of travel immerses you so fully in your surroundings nor gives such a close feel for the desert - its freedoms and hardships.
Trekking is becoming ever-better established and it's perfectly possible to arrive and organise a trek yourself.
Sinai can be trekked all year and it's on the doorstep of Europe. Budget airlines fly direct and the trekking is affordable if you organise everything independently. Once you finish on trail it's easy to stay occupied off it: there are coral reefs and sunken shipwrecks off shore and the tombs and temples of Egypt's Nile Valley are just a short hop over the Gulf.
- 74 detailed trekking maps - tricky junctions, places of interest. Comprehensive trail descriptions and GPS co-ordinates for classic treks and lesser-known routes. The best in the High Mountain Region (St. Katherine), Wadi Feiran and the Muzeina deserts.
- Practical information - planning your trip, getting to Sinai, arranging your trek and more: everything you need to know for every budget
- Town guides and maps - Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba, St. Katherine, Wadi Feiran and others. Where to stay and eat, what to see and do
- History, culture, environment - full background sections on this land of legend
- Safety and green trekking - stay healthy and minimize your impact on a fragile desert
- GPS waypoints
- Plus - survival Arabic dictionary, snorkeling and diving, how to ride a camel etc.
1. Auflage 2014 - kartoniert (18 x 12 cm) - 288 Seiten